Below are some of the coolest poker quotes we have found online. I love so many of these. Comment and let me know what you think. If you’re into online poker I got a great tip for you guys. When signing up for an account use your rooms sign up bonus code. You can use the Titan Poker bonus code during your sign up process at Titan Poker for a sweet bonus. Give it a try.
- “The guy who invented poker was bright, but the guy who invented the chip was a genius.” (Big Julie)
- “Money won is twice as sweet as money earned” (Paul Newman as Fast Eddie in The Color of Money”)
- “Cards are war, in disguise of a sport.” (Charles Lamb)
- “Poker may be a branch of psychological warfare, an art form or indeed a way of life – but it is also merely a game, in which money is simply the means of keeping score.” (Anthony Holden)
- “Limit poker is a science, but no-limit is an art. In limit, you are shooting at a target. In no-limit, the target comes alive and shoots back at you.” (Jack Strauss)
- The strong point in poker is never to lose your temper, either with those you are playing with or, more particularly, with the cards. There is no sympathy in poker. Always keep cool. If you lose your head you will lose all your chips. (William J. Florence)
- “It never hurts for potential opponents to think you’re more than a little stupid and can hardly count all the money in your hip pocket, much less hold on to it.” (Amarillo Slim)
- “If, after the first twenty minutes, you don’t know who the sucker at the table is, it’s you.”
- “Aces are larger than life and greater than mountains.” (Mike Caro)
- It’s not enough to succeed. Others must fail.” (Gore Vidal)
- “I’ve always had confidence, but I never let my ego get to the point that I think I’m the superstar, because I know.
- That ego has destroyed many a poker career.” (Jim Boyd)
- [Poker] exemplifies the worst aspects of capitalism that have made our country so great. (Wlter Matthau)
More Quotes On Gambling
- “Judged by the dollars spent, gambling is now more popular in America than baseball, the movies, and Disneyland-combined.” (Timothy L. O’Brien, Bad Bet – 1998)
- “Luck never gives; it only lends.” (Wwedish Proverb)
- “Gambling is the son of avarice and the father of despair.” (French Proverb)
- “Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing from something.” (Wilson Mizner)
- “Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.”
- “Your best chance to get a Royal Flush in a casino is in the bathroom”.
- “For the true gambler, money is never an end in itself. It’s a tool, like language or thought.” (Lancey, The Cincinnati Kid)
Big thanks to http://www.pokereagles.com/entertainment/poker-quotes.php - This is where we found many of these great poker quotes.